How To Choose
The Right Village
Choosing a village?
When you are ready to experience the move to a community there are many important points to consider to ensure the move is right for you.
Support & Care Services
- Fully qualified carers can be on call 24 hours with the push of a button.
- Can the village accommodate the changing health needs of individuals, by providing varying levels of care.
- Keeping a couple together as needs change.
- Home Care Packages can continue to be used, or applied for.
- Will the move be a complete lifestyle change, offering resort style facilities in a large community or to a smaller and simple style of accommodation.
- Are pets welcome into the community?
- Do you have a garden to maintain or is there a community garden to enjoy?
- Review your budget and consider what is affordable for you.
- Understand all ongoing costs associated with village lifestyle and facilities.
- Are exit costs applicable on leaving the village.
- Seek independent legal and financial advice.
- When moving, take into consideration if you wish to be close to family or near the neighbourhood you currently live.
- Do you look for a coastal option or in a regional/country setting?
- Accessibility to local services, medical centres, hospitals, shopping centres.
- Assess how you spend your time, what leisure activities are important to you. Possibly some new activities are on offer for you to engage in.
- Villages now offer a wide range of amenities, these can be community rooms, BBQ areas, restaurants, gardens, men sheds,libraries, gymnasiums, indoor and outdoor pools, bowls and parking for caravans.
- Village bus service to assist residents with transport to local services.