At Sunrise Supported Living we are dedicated to providing a great place to work for our Team members. We believe by looking after our Employees wellbeing and happiness we can ensure that our consumers receive the highest level of care possible. In this role you will be joining a team of professional dedicated staff who lovingly prepare a range of tasty meals, snacks and bakery items from our fully equipped commercial kitchen.
What will I be doing in the role
- Preparing and cooking delicious, nutritious meals for our residents, considering any dietary requirements or preferences.
- Assisting with menu planning to ensure variety and balance in the meals provided.
- Collaborating with the kitchen team to ensure smooth operations and timely service.
- Demonstrating flexibility in working weekdays, weekends, and public holidays as required to meet the residents’ needs.
- Following directions and guidelines from the Team Leader and management to maintain quality and consistency in food preparation.
- Serving of meals to residents either in the dining room or in their units throughout the village.
- Maintaining food safety standards through thorough cleaning and infection control procedures.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- A Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or a related culinary qualification.
- A valid Food Safety Certificate.
- Proven experience as a Cook or Chef, preferably with a background in clubs or function catering.
- A passion for creating delightful meals and a strong understanding of various cooking techniques.
- Knowledge of food safety and hygiene practices in a commercial kitchen setting.
- Ability to work as part of a team, promoting a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the capacity to take direction effectively.
- Demonstrated reliability and commitment to punctuality.
- Police check (less than 3 years old) or able to obtain one
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate or willing to obtain
- Driving Licence and access to a reliable motor vehicle (Desirable)
- All Employees of Sunrise Village must be compliant with the Public Health Order vaccination requirements (COVID) or have a valid medical contraindication certificate.
- Preferably non smoking
- Full -Time
- Rostered shifts, no late nights
- Shifts range in times starting from 8am and with latest finish 6pm
Interviews will be held as soon as possible in our offices at the Sunrise Village Tuncurry.
Cook | Chef | Aged Care | Tuncurry/Forster | Retirement Living |